Business Innovation And Investment subclass 188
Business Innovation and Investment subclass 188
- This visa is for you if you want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia, or to invest in an Australian state or territory. The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is part of the Business Innovation and Investment Programme.
The visa includes three streams:
- Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD5million into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you are nominated by a state or territory government
- you are invited to apply
- you (and all your family members) meet certain health and character requirements
- You meet the additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
This visa will enable you to:
- establish a new or develop an existing business and/or invest in Australia, make a designated investment with an Australian state or territory government or make and maintain complying investments in Australia
- travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa
- bring family members with you to Australia
- Seek permanent residence by applying for a visa