Child Visa Subclass 101
Child Visa subclass 101
- a child visa lets an eligible Australian parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. A parent can apply on behalf of their child under the age of 18.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
- The child can include their own dependent children in this application.
This visa will enable you to:
- travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.