Child Visa Subclass 802
Child Visa subclass 802A
- this visa enables a child who is currently in Australia to remain in Australia indefinitely.
To qualify for this visa
- sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- single and
- one of the following:
- younger than 18 years of age (and not adopted)
- adopted (and under 18 when adopted)
- full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
This is a permanent residence visa. It allows the child to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.