Live in Caregivers are the individuals who are qualified to provide care to children, elderly persons or disabled persons in private house-holds. There are certain criteria that need to be met by the employer as well as the applicant in order to qualify for this work visa. These criteria are:
- A job offer from an employer in Canada with a Labour Marker Impact Assessment
- Applicant has completed education equivalent to Canadian high school education
- The applicant has completed at least 6 months of full time class-room setting training in the work that they would be doing as the carer OR have recently acquired 12 months of paid caregiver experience. This experience should be within 3 years preceding the day the applicant submitâ€™s his application.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate their ability to read, write, speak and listen in English or French and should be ready to give a test with one of the designated test centres of English or French.
- The applicant should be in good health and be ready to give a medical test with one of the designated doctor on the panel of physicians
- The applicant should not have any criminal record in countries he has lived.
This work visa entitles the individual to work full time and also allows them to take their dependents to Canada. This work visa will eventually allow the individual to qualify to apply for a permanent residency in the Canada.