Regional Sponsored subclass 489A
- This visa enables you to live and work in specified regions in Australia for up to 4 years. There are two sub categories for which applicants can apply under â€“ The Invited Pathway and the Extended Pathway. The differences between the two are: for the invited pathway you must submit an expression of interest first and for the extended pathway you just apply for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal subclass 489.
To be eligible to apply for the regional sponsored subclass 489 visa you must:
- been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligibleÂ relative living in a designated area
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
- A suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English
There are many benefits of this visa which include some but not limited to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely for up to four years
- Live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid.