State/ Territory Sponsored
State/ Territory Sponsored Business Owner Visa subclass 892A
- This is a permanent residence visa. You will be able to stay in Australia for five years. The State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892) is for people who own a new or existing businessÂ andÂ are sponsored by a state or territory authority. You can apply if you already hold a qualifying provisional business visa.
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you hold one of the following provisional visas granted on the basis that you or your current or former spouse or de facto partner satisfied the primary criteria:
- Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 160)
- Senior Executive (Provisional) visa (subclass 161)
- Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 162)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 163)
- State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) visa (subclass 164)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (provisional) visa (subclass 165).
- you met all the conditions of your provisional visa
- you are sponsored by a state or territory authority
- you have lived in Australia on one of these visas for at least 12 months in the past two years
- you have a genuine commitment to continue to maintain business or investment activities in Australia
- neither you nor your spouse or de facto partner has ever been involved in unacceptable business activities
- You and all your family members meet health and character requirements.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).