Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) subclass 401A
- The Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis under one of the four streams:
Exchange stream: to work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to: Give participants an opportunity to experience another culture
Enhance international relations. Broaden participantsâ€™ experience and knowledge.
Sport stream: to improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition with Australian residents to: Participate in a specific event or series of events as an individual or as part of a team or its support staff Play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract. Judge or adjudicate a sporting competition or show.
Religious Worker stream: to be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution in Australia.
Domestic Worker (Executive) stream: to work full time in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
This visa involves a three stage process:
Sponsorship – an organisation, government agency or foreign government agency applies to become a long-stay activity sponsor
Nomination – the long-stay activity sponsor nominates you to undertake an activity
Visa – you apply for a Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401).
This is a temporary visa. You can be in or outside Australian when you apply for this visa:
Applying in Australia: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. Applying outside Australia: If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.
You could get this visa if:
- You are sponsored and nominated by an approved sponsor for this visa
- You have adequate financial support for you and your family while you are in Australia
- You have adequate arrangements for health insurance while you are in Australia
- You meet health and character requirements
- You meet the requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa
- You genuinely intend to remain temporarily in Australia to do the work or activity specified in the nomination.
This visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia for the period of the nominated position, with a maximum stay of two years
- do the work or activity specified in your nomination
- bring eligible family members with you to Australia
- Enter and leave Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid.