Temporary Work (short stay)
Temporary Work (short stay) Subclass 400
This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia for up to three months to either: Do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work or participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australiaâ€™s interests. â€‹
The Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) is a temporary visa that lets you enter Australia to:
- do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- Participate in an event or events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation.
- In limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australiaâ€™s interests.
- You can stay in Australia for up to three months where required.
- You must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa and when your application is decided.
- You must arrive in Australia within three months of the date the visa is granted.
- When lodging your subclass 400 application, you will need to allow time for the application to be processed, taking into account the date you are intending to travel to Australia. We may take up to one month for the application to be assessed (sometimes longer if health or character checks are required) or within a shorter timeframe if all the required evidence is provided.
- It is recommended that you allow yourself enough time to lodge your application ahead of your intended travel dates. However, it is generally not recommended that you lodge a subclass 400 application more than three months before your intended travel date, as you must arrive in Australia within three months from the date the visa is granted, otherwise you will need to re-apply.
This visa lets you:
- stay in Australia while your visa is valid (up to three months, depending on the purpose of your stay)
- bring your family with you to Australia if you included them in your visa application
- do the work or activity for which you were granted the visa, which will usually be either:
- short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- Participation in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation.
- We will tell you how many times you can enter Australia on this visa:-
- You might be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave
- Alternatively you might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid. Your visa will only be valid during the period of stay that you have been granted, and this will commence from the date of your first entry into Australia. Re-entering Australia does not start a new period of stay.