Express Entry Canada
Are you a skilled worker? Do you want to move to Canada and live &work permanently in Canada, and work in a skilled job?
People who have a dream of migrating to Canada can expect it to become a reality with the help of the Express Entry Canada program. Express Entry program allows skilled workers to obtain Canada permanent residency within a few months.
What is Express Entry Canada?
Express Entry is an online immigration application system used by the government of Canada to manage the Canadian Permanent Residence applications. Express Entry Canada was first started in Jan 2015. Express Entry program was started to facilitate the express immigration of skilled workers to Canada. The Express Entry system is efficient in processing times as 80% of applications are processed within 6 months. Of course this is dependent on the applicants documents
Canada Express Entry is one of the most popular immigration programs that sends an invitation to the best ranking candidates to apply for Canadian permanent residents. Candidates are ranked based on their age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other factors.
What does Express Entry do for the applicants?
- Gets you to Canada faster
- Links you with Canadian employers
- Lesser time on paperwork
Express Entry Canada select candidates for immigration to Canada using the following immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Programs
What is the Express Entry Process?
The Canada Express Entry program is divided into different phases and steps as follows:
- Find out your NOC (National Occupation Classification)
To become eligible for Express Entry, first, check out the NOC code as per your job profile. This is a resource used by the government of Canada about job information. It provides a standard structure for analysis and assessment, having more than 500 NOC codes and it is organized by skill level (A, B, C or D) or skill type (0).
For immigration purposes, the main job skill type or levels are:
- Skill Type 0: management, managers, or office managers.
- Skill Level A: professional degree holders such as chemists, Doctors or pharmacists, etc.
- Skill Level B: technical workers holding a diploma in administration etc.
- Skill Level C: high school diploma holders i.e. truck drivers, receptionists, etc.
- Skill Level D: labor i.e. dry cleaners, helpers, etc.
- Get your ECA (Education Credential Assessment)
This is the second step of the Express Entry Canada. The applicant has to get an ECA report from the third party that will give Canadian equivalency of a foreign degree, diploma or certificate. For the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) program and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the applicant does not need a minimum education level to qualify for Express Entry. There are seven designated organizations for ECAs:
Comparative Education Service –
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- Medical Council of Canada
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
An ECA report is valid for 5 years from the date it is issued. To be accepted by IRCC, the ECA must not be more than five years old.
- Language ability Test
To apply for Express Entry Canada, the applicant needs to take English and/or French test(s) and score points that make them eligible. There are two test for both English and French
IRCC-approved English tests:
IRCC-approved French tests:
- Check your Eligibilityfor Canada Express Entry Programs:
To apply for Canada permanent residence under the Express Entry program applicants can apply under one of the three programs.
Federal Skilled Workers (FSW)
To become eligible under the Federal Skilled Workers Program, the applicant has to score at least 67 points out of a 100.
Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
To become eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades program, applicant must:
- have the required levels in English or French
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a skilled trade
- Skilled trade experience meets the essential duties
- Valid full-time job offer of at least one year.
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
To qualify for the Canadian Experience Class
- The applicant has, within the past three years, minimum one year of NOC skill type/level 0, A or B work experience in Canada
- Work experience in Canada
- Have the minimum language ability.
- Calculate CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score)
After getting your language score and ECA applicant need to verify his eligibility and then create an online Express Entry profile to get into the Express Entry pool. The government of Canada set a CRS score for the selection of the candidates from the Express Entry Pool. If the candidate’s score is higher than that set scored they will get the ITA, otherwise, they remain in Express Entry Pool.
Invitation to Apply for Canada Permanent Residency
If a candidate is selected out of the pool during a round of invitations (Express Entry draw), they will then be given an Invitation to Apply for Canada PR. Once they get the ITA, applicants have 90 days to submit their application for Canadian permanent residency.
To find out more contact Global-Migrate UK, Global-Migrate UAE or Global-Migrate Pakistan to speak to a qualified Canadian immigration consultant